Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radzio

Baseband Member
So Ive been waiting for today to see, how 7900gtx sli would fare against 1900xt crossfire. Seems like they're pretty close match...
So far Ive got fx-60, 2x 74 gb raptors, 2 gb ram, no mobo as Im not sure which dual configuration I should pick.
So basically Im looking for some opinions here, Ill be playing games at 1680x1080(native for my lcd), and I would like to have best visual experience possible.
Thanks,
-Brad

While the 7900GTX is X1900XTX-ish with performance in single-card benchmarks, it definately beats the X1900XTX when you're comparing the two cards in SLI/Crossfire.

Green Radience said:
While the 7900GTX is X1900XTX-ish in single-card benchmarks, it definately beats the X1900XTX in SLI.
so Youre saying that dual 1900xt will be slower performer then dual 7900gtx? I dont quite understnd Your post...

Yes, thats exactly what I'm saying. I pride myself on having simple, concise posts, what was so hard to understand? X1900XTs can't SLI, so shouldn't that have stopped any confusion?

Green Radience said:
Yes, thats exactly what I'm saying. I pride myself on having simple, concise posts, what was so hard to understand? X1900XTs can't SLI, so shouldn't that have stopped any confusion?

He's talking about Crossfire, ATI's version of SLI. Obviouslly you should know about that by now. Yes your post was very simple and concise :rolleyes: especially since you don't know what you are talking about.

SLI is more efficient then Xfire (in almost every game) so it runs faster then crossfired X1900XTs. You also don't have to have a cord pluging the 2 cards in from the back like you have to do in Xfire.

Heh...I got confused when he said XTX, as crossfire cards dont come in xtx(as far as I know only xt is available), I understood that one xtx is slower then two 7900gtx, which is a given.

He's talking about Crossfire, ATI's version of SLI. Obviouslly you should know about that by now. Yes your post was very simple and concise especially since you don't know what you are talking about.

SLI is more efficient then Xfire (in almost every game) so it runs faster then crossfired X1900XTs. You also don't have to have a cord pluging the 2 cards in from the back like you have to do in Xfire.

Yea he is either clueless or being an *** in a sarcastic way, either way good job clearing things up.

But really, SLI and Xfire are never worth it, that's $1000 in video cards that will be old next to the DX10 native G80's and R600's in less than 8 months. I think your better off buying a single 7900GTX or X1900XTX and after market cooling and OC the core by 100mhz and the memory by 200mhz :) That's like $600, and excellent performance, maybe 30% shy of SLI'd 7900GTXs? It's more worth it anyway, and you don't have a huge monitor so performance shouldn't be bad at all.

To me at least, anything above 30-40FPS is no different from 100FPS. If you can score 40FPS with details maxed at that resolution, your all set.

i actually havw seen that xfire is better than SLi even at higer resolutions and know sngle xt or xtx wins ar higher res

Brtnboarder495 said:
Yea he is either clueless or being an *** in a sarcastic way, either way good job clearing things up.

But really, SLI and Xfire are never worth it, that's $1000 in video cards that will be old next to the DX10 native G80's and R600's in less than 8 months. I think your better off buying a single 7900GTX or X1900XTX and after market cooling and OC the core by 100mhz and the memory by 200mhz :) That's like $600, and excellent performance, maybe 30% shy of SLI'd 7900GTXs? It's more worth it anyway, and you don't have a huge monitor so performance shouldn't be bad at all.

lets put the cost on a 2nd plan here ;), and focus on performance, as thats what Im after.

SLI has had well over a year to mature, Crossfire is new and it is near impossible to find a Radeon master card to do it with.

Crossfire is a bad move because its still buggy and there is only one semi good crossfire motherboard (the DFI one, and even its not very good). The ATI chipset needed for Crossfire is terrible and isn't really for the hardcore gamer like yourself.

Nvidia SLI works out of the box, is much cleaner than Crossfire, and is easier to accomplish because you don't need a master card, just 2 identical cards eg. 2 7900GT's or 2 6600GT's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom