Agp Or Pci?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wth is going on here? I didn't see your question properly answered anywhere. You didn't post your motherboard or anything. If someone did answer it here, it was really unclear and they're just guessing.

Ryan

get your eyes checked , he provided his onboard graphic name then i wrote its not his motherboard model as he tought but then i decided to look up the onboard graphic name in google and found out it belongs to 915G chipset (which have pci-e) so i wrote that (that he needs a pci-e card) , then he thanked me. end of the story , whats so hard to see is very unclear to me its in plain english

Yeah, I know a kid with an Intel 915 onboard graphics and has nothing but PCI slots for expansion. Don't be a flamer dude.

Ryan

OK the answer is in the third post Jeremy wrote this:

ok i had a look in google for that onboard graphic name you provided , your motherboard is based on Intel 915G chipset , which means neither of the two. you need to get a pci-e (pci express) graphic card

Theres The Answer

And it wasnt unclear cause i checked and Jeremy was correct,
And my question was answered long time ago so dont keep posting the same thing

Then he got lucky, as Ryan said, that is a chipset, NOT a motherboard.

They are two very different things. You both are new to this site, so you'd be well off listening to those here with more experience with the forums and computer technology (Ryan for example)

Anyways it isnt important if its a motherboard or a chipset the only thing i want to know is if My Slot ir Pci or Agp
And Jeremy told me that irs Pci-E

Brtnboarder495 said:
Then he got lucky, as Ryan said, that is a chipset, NOT a motherboard.
They are two very different things./B]

chipset and motherboard are indid diffrent things however the chipset determines what components the motherboards that are based on it will have sure they might have some non-chipset related components aswell but everything the chipset offers believe me it will have it
look at the 915G chipset specifications http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/915g/index.htm
please search in online pc stores like newegg/zipzoomfly/mwave for 915g motherboards and youll see my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom