USB Mobile External HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
jeremy said:
no it isnt. definetly rounds
You sure? http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/r/rpm.htm

If the 3.5" were bus powered I would probably consider buying one, but as I'm using it as a mobile device I want it to be small and bus powered.

With the last question I didn't mean will it fit into the enclosure with a different file system, I know that doesnt matter. What I meant was will the HDD connect to any computer and be able to use it without drivers or anything and depending on the file system will it work on all platforms eg. Mac etc.

Also does the hdd just push straight into the enclosure? Is it that easy?

Thanks for all your help. ;)

your right my bad :beard: i just tought its rounds since hd's have a platter spinning inside it somewhat made sense , it will be able to connect to any pc that have usb/firewire as for drivers as i alredy said in windows xp you wont need any i dont know about other operating systems, i dont have much knowledge on non-windows operating systems so cant 100% answer that but basicly it suppost to work on any os thats it claims on its specifications, alot of external enclosures support mac just look in specfications wether its with drivers or not i have no clue , as i said before look in various images of external enclosures in newegg and read user reviews it will help you understand how it goes ;)

Ok thats good then. I will look around at the enclosures and the drives and see how the fit together and if the enclosures support Mac's. I don't have a Mac, but I might need to transfer files to the ones at Tafe.
If I have anymore questions I will let you know.
Cheers mate! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom