Arh New Comp Problems !

Status
Not open for further replies.

kahlos

In Runtime
**** my new comp I've just put together ain't working. So the problem is that i start up and the power LED flashes on and off and the DVD drive spins then stops (a clunk sound). I got it working by unplugging the DVD drive. And it worked when i put it back in but the next boot it didn't work again. Also it doesn't do that cluncking thing often but i can't get anything to display on the screen sometimes. So i tired fiddling with a few stuff and it started working even though i didn't do anything. Then i moved it and the screen wouldn't work again when i booted up so i pulled the graphics card to one side and it worked again. Then i put the lid on and it did the clunking thing again and the screen wasn't working just a never ending circle!:mad:
Anybody know the problem ? :confused:

honestly as stupid as this sounds, make sure all the cables and wires are plugged in propperly in the right spots, should solve 80% of your problem, as for the burner... could just be a shitty low end one, or it may have been dropped and the lazer is off track... either way, I would expect to buy a new burner, any time anything makes a clunking sound inside your system... its pretty safe to replace it

Well the specs are:

2x1GB of Corsair Valueselect RAM
Opteron 165 Dual core processor
Antec P180 case
Silverstone Strider 560W PSU
A8R-MVP Crossfire Motherboard
NEC 4400 DVD-R
2X250GB WD2500JR hard drives SATA 2
Thermaltake Big Typhoon CPU cooler
ATI Silencer 5 GPU cooler
3x120mm case fans

Umm thats about it. All the cables are in right. And the DVD drive is unlikely to be broken as i tired in another computer before using in this one. Is the GPU broken ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom