Screen won't come back up after couple of hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brrymnvette

In Runtime
Some nights when I go home and come in the next morning my screen won't come back up. I try hitting ctrl alt del and nothing. I even tap the power button which is supposed to shut down XP safely and that doesn't even work. Nothing seems to work. I have to hold down the power button which I hate. I'd say this happens once a week. I've tried adjusting the power settings to no avail. Can someone help? I feel dumb for asking this cause I'm sure it's an easy fix. I'm just over thinking it. :(

Thanks, Andy

maybe the vga cable is just a bit loose make sure its tight in both ends , also do you have service pack2? maybe its some bug , its a longshot but maybe your psu isnt providing stable voltages. download sandra http://www.download.com/3000-2086-10018691.html get into "mainboard information" scroll down til youll see "voltage sensors" take a screenshot or type em down and ill let you know if their good

Looked in the mainbord info and don't see any voltage references. I have a built in video card alos. It's an HP desktop that I was told to use until it goes down. I'll keep looking for the voltage references and let you know when I see one.

Thanks, Andy

believe me its there in the middle , it doesnt matter if you got a builtin graphic card i was saying that you should make sure the cable between it to the monitor is connected tight not that you should make sure the graphic card is sittin tight , also you havnt answered the question do you have service pack 2?

Take this

screnshot.JPG

ill tell you how it is , its useless its not showing the info i told you to look for (psu voltages) its way upper then that (as said about in the middle) , again look for "voltage sensors"
ss_sandra_screen.jpg

You must have a different version than I do b/c no-where in mine does it mention cpu temp and any voltages. I've clicked on every possible icon and gone through them multiple times. ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom