7600GT, 7900GT, 7900GTX Performance Revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there is another thread about the avaliablility, but I didn't want it to overshadow and bury the performance benchmarks, so I made another one just for performance discussions.

Anandtech Benchmarks the new cards.

The 7900GTX beats the X1900XTX in FEAR on 1280x1024 resolution with 4xAA, and keeps up within 3 FPS even in in 2048x1536.

This is freakin amazing. We ALL expected the 7900GTX to fall far behind the X1900XT, much less the XTX. But since most gamers use LCDs, and since most LCDs are less than 21", the max resolution we can play on is 1280x1024, so this is perfect.

Looks like I'll be selling this X1900XT for a 7900GTX :)

I smell something fishy, the 7800 GTX 512MB is performing the same as the X1900XT/X. There is no way a 7800GTX 512MB can come up to X1900XT/X performance in FEAR; not with AA or high resolutions.

11158.png

Look at this one specifically, 1600 x 1200 and 4x AA. How can the 7800GTX 512MB be 1 fps under the X1900XT?

http://pcper.com/article.php?aid=213&type=expert&pid=14

This place seems to be more trustworthy.

And also wasn't Anandtech thought to have helped Intel cheat AMD very recently?

NeedAcpu said:
Still even those reviews show we have a new video card king!

I fail to see that we have a new "video card king". From what I've seen from that review is that the cards are pretty much evenly matched, but the X1900XTX still seems to be better in 1600 x 1200 and AA. But I do hear that the 7900GTX is a great overclocker and reaches 700mhz+ core 1800mhz memory on air. I am waiting till I see some OCed benches.

It says also that Nvidia said that there was a driver problem with FEAR and that AA in it slows it down. They say it will give a 20% - 30% AA performance increase but that might just be Nvidia trying to get people to buy their card at launch, especially seeing as how they have around the same performance as the X1900XT in other games with high res and AA and is definatly not a "20 - 30% increase".

I still don't know which I'm going to get. But there is going to be a price drop on the X1900s soon to counter the 7900GTX and I might buy it then.

I do not trust those anandtech reviews one bit. I'm not sure if they underclocked the X1900s or what but a 7800 GTX 512MB should not have almost identical frames on FEAR with 1600 by 1200 with AA.

ok, so you base your 'suspicions' off of what? You've owned both cards and similar systems to what they used to test these things so you know first hand or what?

They are using beta drivers from nvidia, so that could also play some part in that.

Beyond that, all these review sites suck. That's why I always try to look for people who actually have these cards or go to futuremark to check some scores or something along those lines.

Anytime a review comes out theres ALWAYS.......100% guaranteed people saying "Those cant be right" no matter if it's CPU's or GPUs

Definitely wait for the benchies.

Also, since we have very close competition, expect those prices to keep on falling ... this is why competition is good :)

The 7900GTX is already below $550, some at $500!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom