.cda to .mp3 converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hello

i wanted to convert the .cda files on my audio cd to .mp3 files.

i downloaded altomp3 GOLD5.0 and tried to convert the .cda's on my cd however it comes up with the error message

The following file(s) couldn't be added

File:H:\Tracko1.cda
Info: The file couldn't be decoded. You may need to install a decoder for it.
Please note: AltoMP3 Gold couldn't convert protected audio files.

can you guys suggest a .cda to .mp3 converter

cda file isn't an audio file. it the info track. windows doesn't recognize the true cd file. mac's does (it's called aiff there). you can rip a cd to mp3 though with wmp, musicmatch or winamp.

you mean to say i dont need any software to rip cd tracks but can use windows media player to do it instead?

rookie1010 said:
you mean to say i dont need any software to rip cd tracks but can use windows media player to do it instead?

you need software like wmp. with a mac, you could just drag the file over

I have used WMP to rip at least 100 cd's. You can turn on the feature in the options that will find the CD info and automatically name the songs and such for you. This could save you a headache. My buddy didn't know about that and was manually naming each song/cd title.

I like wmp to rip because it automatically insert the album's picture on the folder

JohnnyX said:
Or just click "Find Album Info" after you insert a cd to rip.

That's the option that I was referrig to. It was turned off on mine and a couple others that I've messed with. Just throwing it out there in case they didn't know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom