Logitech X230 Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

TicTac2

Baseband Member
Ok, so I bought these speakers because of their good prices and reviews.

They arrived today and I hastily unwrapped them and as I was downstairs I teseted them in my laptop by plugging them into the headphone socket and they worked wonderfully and the sound sounded great.

So then I take them upsstairs to connect to my desktop computer. I plug in the subwoofer place the speakers on my desk and plug the green headed cable from the main speaker into the green slot in the back of my case. My motherboard is the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe.

Whenever I hover the cable near those plugs the speakers hum and buzz. However they do not work.

There are two slots on the front of my casee, one with an icon of headphones, however the speakers dont buzz if I hold it near them or work. . .

Any ideas
Sorry if its a silly problem

check the audio manager for your sound. I assume you are using the onboard realtec sound. they have settings in there for different types of speakers. set it to the type you have ie 2.1 5.1 of headphones etc. When you set it up to your speaker types it will show you which plug to plug it into. Have you used speakers with this sytem before?

Yes I am using the realtec sound.
I selected the 2CH option under the speaker conifuration tab.

I put the connecter in the green slot and it says thats connected correctly but seems to have something else it expects to connect in the 'line in' it seems which is the blue slot.

Any ideas on this?

EDIT: And yes these are the first speakers with this computer. I fear that maybe I do not know about the speaker configuration or sound cards. I bought the computer from the following option: (well very similar, I managed to get a few parts not listed in the upgrade part)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3700-AMD64-Sa...Z8768960925QQcategoryZ179QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Soundcard 7.1 on board - 8 channel

That seems to be the sound card, does thi affect anything?

I am still getting no sound from my Logitech X230 speakers. My FP_Audio connector has nothing plugged into it so I think this it the problem.

The manual says 'connect one end of the front panel audio I/O module cable to this connector.'

What is the cable and where I would have it from?

If I havent done this in enough detail tell me, and I will expand.

Thanks for any help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom