Found New Hardware Wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snump

In Runtime
Windows XP with Canon Pixma ip4200.
USB printer.
After installing the drivers and going through all the Canon instructions, if we unplug the printer and plug it back it, the found new hardware wizard comes up and asks for drivers. Even if we plug it back into the same port it keeps coming up. If we cancel out the printer won't work.
According to Canon it is something with the registry. What the heck is going on?

Do you have rights to your registry? What OS are you using? Is it in a networked environment? Do you have the latest drivers for the printer?

What happens if you tell Windows to just install the default Windows printer drivers?

you might be right on that :cool: , ill proceed on that idea

goto start-->run-->sysdm.cpl-->hardware-->driver signing
set it to "ignore" and click ok , then get into driver signing again and see if it saved that "ignore" setting if not then your probably have sp1 and not sp2 (i had this happing until i installed sp2) so if it doesnt save the settings get sp2 , alternativly if you have xp *pro* goto start-->run-->gpedit.msc-->administrative templates-->system double click "code signing for device drivers" and set it to "disabled" (i mean the last "administrative templates" not the first)

copy the drivers to your local drive and then install it, then unhook it, and then plug it back in and see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom