7600GT, 7900GT, 7900GTX Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SHAWN said:
Looks like the 7600GT is now what the 6600GT and 6800GS were in its time. The new budget card :p!

so what the 6800GS's time was about 3-4 months that wasn't very long oh well does this mean the the 6800GS will have a price drop?
or maybe the 6600GT will have another price drop into the 80-100$ range.

And i expected more out of the 7900GTX than just higher speeds like i posted a while ago it said it was gonna have 32 pipes, that just dissapoints me, unless you can unlock it.

The 7600GT is like the 7800GS, except for PCIe. I think they abstained from the 7800 name because they're going to quit making those.

Ryan

MrZucchiniHead said:
And i expected more out of the 7900GTX than just higher speeds like i posted a while ago it said it was gonna have 32 pipes, that just dissapoints me, unless you can unlock it.

I'm pretty sure if it had 32 pipes at all nvidia wouldn't hesitate to do so.

I betcha thier both neck in neck... I mean, there's a 20ish dollar price difference. It's just a matter of how much you have in your wallet at the time.

Ryan

Soo.... need to know the info.. especially when it comes to the UK as you americans take too long to give us Brits technology :(

http://pcper.com/article.php?aid=213&type=expert&pid=7

The 7600GT has an average 6 fps higher then the the 6800GT with AA and a 11.3fps increase without AA. It seems with other games that the 6800GS stay on par with the 7600GT with AA but the 7600GT beats it without AA. Don't forget about transparent AA that the geforce 7 series has that the 6 series don't so I think it is worth the extra money for it.

But I am really happy with the 7900GT performance for it's price.

Chris_PC said:

Too bad you guys don't get as good of deals as us; the leadtek 7900GTX (non-overclocked) costs almost 600 USD before the 17.5% VAT. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom