"TLDR" problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

worrwhorre

Baseband Member
"NTLDR" problem

i recieved a copy of windows media center edition 2005 on my computer and i wanted to install it on another computer. i went through the process of making the cd bootable through nero burning rom. i burned the .img file and all the other files needed for the cd to boot but when i tested it to see if it would work i got this message:
"Cannot boot from CD, Cannot find NTLDR"

i don't know what i did wrong and i don't know how to fix it.

it won't load in windows unless i go into the cd manually and load it. and yes i mean NTLDR

i set bios to boot from the cd. its reading it to boot is just wont go because it "can't find NTLDR"

did i do something wrong in the burning process?

worrwhorre said:
it won't load in windows unless i go into the cd manually and load it. and yes i mean NTLDR

i set bios to boot from the cd. its reading it to boot is just wont go because it "can't find NTLDR"

did i do something wrong in the burning process?

when it say it can't find that, it's usually past the booting from cd part

first of as said , it wont boot automatically it displays "press any key to boot from cd" then you have about 5 seconds to press a key if you want it to boot , are you sure you configured the bios right? the cdrom must be the first boot device if you want it to work , also maybe you did burn it the wrong way notice the expert settings..
l
xpsp2_slip_06.jpg

i burned it exactly that way since that was the picture i went off of. my bios is configured to boot off of the cd first

in the bios boot settings , you see the cdrom device name or just "cdrom" ? some old bioses give you only "cdrom" as a choice and not the optical drive name and those that does that have an issue which is they support booting only from the first optical drive i mean depending on master/slave & primary and secondary ide channels whatever optical drive that comes first

im positive the problem is not in the boot sequence. i even ran an authentic XP cd to make sure and it booted.

Re: "NTLDR" problem

worrwhorre said:
i recieved a copy of windows media center edition 2005 on my computer and i wanted to install it on another computer. i went through the process of making the cd bootable through nero burning rom. i burned the .img file and all the other files needed for the cd to boot but when i tested it to see if it would work i got this message:
"Cannot boot from CD, Cannot find NTLDR"

i don't know what i did wrong and i don't know how to fix it.

you should have use alcohol 120 and ripped this as an .iso file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom