AM2 to wait or not to wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
also why the FX series of that era got stuck on the 130nm newcastle based core. try and keep things more on topic guys

edit: the only thing i can pick at about those conroe results is that it was setup using crossfire. in my opinion AMD performs better using an NF4 chipset. obviously there is only a small amount a chipset can do though

Yea read that ... AM2 might support DDR2 1066 too you know.

Either way, it's not the memory that will make the huge differences for AM2's CPUs, it's the CPU itself IMO. Intel has redesigned their CPUs and that has proved to of been quite worth it, I think AMD needs to follow suit.

"don't get caught up in the hype" was the main point of this thread. i can not say this strongly enough DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT YOU HEAR PRE-RELEASE!!!! wait for post-release stats before passing judgement on anything unless you want to risk being bitterly dissapointed and very, very broke. just to illustrate why you shouldn't get caught up in marketing, for years people have raved about "how good" pentium 4's are and told me i'm an idiot for buying AMD. if the pentium 4 was so good why are the pentium M dothan and yohnah cores and the future conroe and merom cores based on the pentium 3? thats right its not a typo, i said pentium 3. for years intel have successfully marketed the pentium 4 despite the fact that the pentium 3's design was actually superior yet the public swallowed all the crap they put out.

I dont know much about all this, but i feel quite surprised to know that Pentium 3 is superior than pentium 4. Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom