Conroe Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panther

Baseband Member
Wow, if this is true, its pathetic

Im not sure if anyone knows this or not, but theres currently a fanboy war brooding over in the THG forums between (gee) amd and intel guys.

This has surfaced:

http://voodoopc.blogspot.com/2006/03/if-only-they-had-time-machine.html

as has the link below if you feel like digging through the 'youre a troll' 'no they rigged the system' fanboy comments for something intellectually stimulating...

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/INTEL-GAVE-DUPE-BENCHMARK-ftopict177588.html

any thoughts etc. etc. as to if this is true or more mere fanboy bait? i mean ****, if intel skewed a benchmark thats just not right, however i give their P.R. department props for being the lowest of the low.

and... how did the fx-60 suddenly loose 14 fps in F.E.A.R. if the rig wasnt tampered with?

and... why is intel setting up an amd rig? (id usually say enough said right here but) why the **** are they using an r480 mobo with dual x1900xts and a 'built for conroe' video card driver on an amd system that benches lower than a 6800gt?

from the other side of the fence, intel really wouldnt have anything to gain from falsifying this stuff would they? unless of course they can actually make this kind of performance increase against an untweaked amd system by july.

if they cant... goodbye to EVERY bit of user trust they have ever built.

thoughts and opinions (kindly keep the fanboy stuff out of here, if i wanted to see unintelligent garbage id watch wwe wrestling)

true, although there is no such thing as 'fair' in the corperate world, i guess there are some very, very real things like low blows, if of course this is true and not someone in desperate denial about their brand being beaten

man, Intel is just a bunch of cheating punks. They already were called 'cheats' from the japanese and then got in a pretty big lawsuit some time back.

The 'heck' are these people thinking.

I was even giving props to the conroe and whatnot, but yeesh after looking at that stuff, intel remains just as cheap as ever.

if its true i agree with you

i mean hel! if its true i guarantee that ill never buy another processor from em even if they are 10x as good as amd, how they would be able to get away with something like is beyond me...

THG and ANAND get us some REAL benchies of an fx 60 system oced to 2.8ghz with an R580 mobo by DFI and dual x1900xts!

show these overclocking scrubs how its done:p

apparently, Toms hardware benchmarked an FX-57 at 2.8GHz and a 6800 GT, and scored 183.4fps in FEAR

and the FX-60 in the conroe test apparently scored 132fps with crossfired X1900 XT's. this was also using the same settings.

now, there is really something wrong there.....

on another note. I do not think Conroe is a bad chip. however if Intel were in fact cheating in these benchmarks, that is just low. even for Intel.

hmm, i wonder if there are any amd fanboy hackers, id laugh my a$$ off if tomorrow someone goes to the intel website and theres a huge amd logo on it with a description of the (probably) bs benchmarks and why they're bs.

just dreams, ah well itd be great to see anyway.

ps. ya, no way in h3ll that a 6800gt on an fx-57 @ 2.8GHz would beat dual x1900xts w/ an fx-60 @ 2.8GHz like that

unless the benchmarks were bias? (NO WAY, COULDNT BE)

the latest rumour is that intel is run by a bunch of raging homosexuals. any truth to that?

This is why I don't like toms hardware guide really. They have a bunch of useless reviews. Although anandtech is no better in this and obviously Intel has had a hand in making themselves look better.

Indeed interesting to see a drop of what........50 points in FEAR when using more advanced CPU's and GPU's on the AMD side? Niiiiiiiice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom