big water se?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree, its not the best water cooling on the market, for that you need a custom kit, but for waht I paid for it, it was the same price as those heatsinks with a tornado fan on them, and I still don't think a air cooled heatsink will give CPU temperatures only 2*C above room temperature.

I brought it for the looks though as I was bored when I was RMAing components. Right now CPU temp is at 25*C and the PC has been on 20minutes, room temp 23 and I have a silent fan on it.

Well, so you know......I believe ASUS's K8 boards are known for displaying incorrect temperatures.

Unless your house is absolutely freezing I highly doubt your CPU is actually 25C with that little water cooling system. And seeing that you're saying your room is 23C, then yeah....chances are your temp monitor is just off dude.

Winchester isn't exactly a hot CPU, but I've had the bigwater before on my old XP-M machine, and it does suck

I don't have the K8 series I have the A8N-SLI board (non SE) I did a bit of research on the temps as I hated not knowing the proper ones with my last board (12*C it displayed :p) and it came out good.

They made revisions on it which I assume includes them replacing the radiator with a better one. Copper pipes with aluminium fins.

Anyway in the US you can get a custom kit for only a bit more. I got the BW as it was very cheap and looked good when lit up by UV cathodes, and it would be quiet, but not really for the cooling, it was just a bonus that it on cools the CPU well.

I don't have the K8 series I have the A8N-SLI board (non SE) I did a bit of research on the temps as I hated not knowing the proper ones with my last board (12*C it displayed ) and it came out good.
K8 is in reference to the CPU's dude. All AMD64 bit CPUs are known as the K8 generation of CPUs, I wasn't talking of your motherboard at all.

The socket A CPUs were K7 and so forth down.

They made revisions on it which I assume includes them replacing the radiator with a better one. Copper pipes with aluminium fins.
which is what I got over a year ago, not only that, but two radiators to boot.

I knew that :eek: :p

Ahhh, I hate knowing my CPU temperature is un-accurate. Do you know how far out they can be? :(

nah, not all the boards would be the same. My DFI Nf3 board would report from 25C up to 45C within a matter of a second....that thing would just bounce around like no tomorrow.

You can spend like $15 USD on little thermal probes though. You'd have to just set it on the side of the heatspreader or something like that. Obviously that temperature would still be a bit inaccurate as it'd be on the side of the heatspreader and not directly above the die or anything, but it'd probably give you a decent idea within 5C.

You could also check ASUS's website for any updated BIOS's or things like that or other members reports

would anyone like to put together a list of parts for a decent water cooling kit??? i would prefer all internal rads but it doesnt really matter... around 165 shipped...thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom