Which RAM!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxdeadweightxx

In Runtime
My friend has a Dell dimension desktop 4550 and he only has 256mb of ram! So im like dude, that sucks you need to upgrade to 1gb. So he dosent know what type (like model or something) that is compatible with his machine so he asked me to ask you guys:D

it supports ddr 333 pc2700 (2700's arent manufactured anymore but 3200's have backward compatbiliy so it can run at 2700 aswell) , anyway for performance reasons its better to buy 2X 512mb and not 1X 1GB also his motherboard dont support 1GB modules so..

xxdeadweightxx said:
My friend has a Dell dimension desktop 4550 and he only has 256mb of ram! So im like dude, that sucks you need to upgrade to 1gb. So he dosent know what type (like model or something) that is compatible with his machine so he asked me to ask you guys:D

If you wanna be on the safe side, just look at the ram in his case, and it should be written on it what kind it is. Then just get that kind. Or you could do what the others have suggested. :)

thats true for now,but even if he doesnt need 1gb for what his doing buying 1gb could be future wise (vista)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom