Alienware Notebook? Should I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seeds225

Baseband Member
Im thinking about getting the Area-51 m5700 notebook. My main uses for it would be to play specificly, WoW, Battlefield 2, Counter-Strike, and Black & White 2. Would it run those games well? And what upgrades should i consider to make it run better? i am ready to spend around $1,400

Thhhhhhanks

Post the specs your gonna get. As for Alienware, they arent great, but they certainly are not bad either. I'd say go for it.

Specs:

Intel M 740 1.73GHz 2MB L2 Cache 533MHz FSB
Alienware Intel 915PM + ICH6 Chipset
1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 533MHz
60GB 5400 RPM SATA
256MB NVidia® GeForce™ Go 6800

Pretty sure they're the best kind of laptop for gaming you can get at the moment. If that's what you're gonna do on it, then it's a good idea. They look cool too.

Gaming Notebooks is an oxymoron ... that is unless you want to carry around a power hungry, hot running, large and thick "notebook".

Build a gaming desktop for gaming (~$1200) and buy a cheap notebook for mobility (~$1000).

It's really the best way to go.

I would also build a desktop and buy a laptop if necessary. Why would you want a notebook to play games? Get a notebook only if you need it for work/school. Otherwise there are no other good reasons to own a laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom