Which should I go with ATI or Nvidia if I'm going to play these games...

Status
Not open for further replies.
maroon1 said:
Ati are always late, the G80 will be released before R600

Right ... that's why ATI's X1900XT (which is $449 and can OC to XTX speeds easily and keep it's cool) beats Nvidia's 7800 series and 7900 series in value + performance.

Oh wait you could pay $1000 for Nvidia's dual core 7900GTX ... *cough* waste of money *cough*.

Stay away from SLI and the 7900GTX.

Here are your best options:

X1900XT, 7900GT, 6800GS, 6600GT

(those are in order of decreasing price + performance)

Brtnboarder495 said:
Right ... that's why ATI's X1900XT (which is $449 and can OC to XTX speeds easily and keep it's cool) beats Nvidia's 7800 series and 7900 series in value + performance.

Like said above, the X1900XT isn't a new generation. Its a newer card in the same generation. A generation is Radeon 9000, Radeon X800, Radeon X1000, and the undisclosed future name of Radeon 6000. Similarly, on Nvidia's side, it would be; GeForce FX, GeForce 6, GeForce 7, and the almost guaranteed GeForce 8.

And quit this arguing. G80 comes out in June/July, and R600 comes out in Q4 '06. Incase you can't comprehend that, the newest GeForce generation is coming out before ATi, AGAIN, just like it has the last 3 generations...

ATi's X1800XT is on par with the 7800GTX. ON PAR WITH. They had 6 months to improve, and they still just got it to about the 7800GTX's level. Thats kinda sad.

(Back 2 your original question)
Nvidia Seems to be better with shadows and shading effects...
Ati has less technology, but the prices seem to be about the same.

Right now To me Nvidia is winning the "WAR" with the cheaper cards
But the more pricey ATI's are kicking A**
So if you have the money get an ATI

No, ATI has always owned Nvidia with the lower end cards, its the mid range that nvidia owns, and the high end range in which nvidia once had, but now ATI has that with the 1900.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom