Omg Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

waytoosmall

In Runtime
So i bought a x1900xtx today. I have a ASUS A8N-sli deluxe. My old setup was 2 6800gt's in sli. I turned the selector chip to one card, put it into the correct pci-e slot for 1 card, and when I start up I get no monitor signal. Everything starts up, but it will not give me any signal and obviously is not booting!! What should I do. I removed the battery to reset the cmos.... I checked all monitor cables and connections. Still nothing. HELP!!!

have you tried booting with just one of the old 6600gt"s to see if one of thoes work? did you uninstall the drivers for the 6600gt's before putting in the ati?

Already sold the 6800, and did not unistall drivers for them before hand. But I get no signal at all. The monitor doesn't go to a black screen or anything.

that card have a 6pin pci-e power connector did you connect the cable to it? if you did thenn your psu most likely cant handle it

you have another computer you can test the card in? have you tried booting from a boot disk? You are getting post beeps? recheck to make sure you got the selector chip right. it says in the manual to make sure it clicks down. In bios did you change sli from auto? how did you reset bios? battery or jumpers?

jeremy said:
that card have a 6pin pci-e power connector did you connect the cable to it? if you did thenn your psu most likely cant handle it
if he was running sli before the psu should have no problem. but make sure you connected the extra power to the vid card. usually though you will get an error message if you did not.

Okay, power is connected. PSU is antec truepower 550. No beeps, can't change bios cause can't get any screen. Reset battery and haven't touched any jumpers because it does not instruct to in the manual....

ps when i was asking about bios changes I was refering to prior to the new video card. Just seeing what changes you had made to bios before. sorry for the misunderstanding. I know you cant get in now.

Okay, i took everything out and reinstalled and now I'm in, but my sound blaster audigy gamer zs now doesn't work.... Does it ever end???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom