Please i need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyrell

Beta member
im trying to boot win95a on to my old comp... at startup wen i insert the floppy disk i get

DISK I/0 ERROR

does any1 no what this means

im gonna get 98se off my teacher tomorow .. i just want to make sure things run smoothly first

oh , and you did run the program and let it unpack the files to the floppy right ? cuz you arent suppost to simply place the downloaded file into a floppy it will never work that way , if you did it right then my guess is that either the floppy you used is in bad condition or the floppy drive on the older pc is broken or not connected right if the floppy drive light is contantly on it means the data cable is connected on the wrong side

EDIT: forget about floppys simply download it in iso and burn to cd http://www.allbootdisks.com/

lol i set all the hardware up properly :) im not that much of a noob... im guessing its my floppy drive mayb.. cuz ive booted windows with a flopy disk on other comps at school easily...

i dunoo... im reburning a copy of windows 2k.. cuz the current one i have is all scractched up.. so mayb win2k will work..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom