CPU Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple-X

In Runtime
My Zalman cnps9500 connects to the motherboard with a 3pin adapter. I have the FanMate as well, so I can control the speed. My problem is, is that I don't want to :( Is there a 3 to 4pin adapter of some sort? My old fan used to speed up, slow down, and etc, but now I just keep it at lowest setting since I'm not sure when to speed up, only sometimes I know I have to, but it's a pain having to turn that little knob all the time. Any ideas?

No I don't want to connect it to 4pin power supply, I want my 3 pin fan to go straight into the motherboard, so that it can control the speed. That converter basically lets your 3pin fan run straight from the power supply. I want the 3pin fan to connect to the motherboard, so that the motherboard can control the speed of the fan.

I want to go from this:
3pinfansensor.jpg

to this:
4pin_connector_002.jpg

My old cpu fan was like pic 2, and it always controlled the fan. Now I have to control it, or if I connect it straight to motherboard then it just goes full speed.

Which mobo do you have? You should be able to just plug it into the mobo using the 3-pin connector. Thats how all of mine are.

My motherboard connector is 4pin. Like picture 2. That's the only connection I have into the motherboard. My mobo is Microstar MS-7046.

RockyZ said:
or get a adapter to change it to a 4 pin molex.

Then there's no point for topic, I'm asking on how to make my motherboard control the fan.

You might have to purchase a custom cable for that. Email sidewinder, they should be able to make it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom