• Digital Data Exchange

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
For those people that have read my post here , i have i have 2 PCs in my bed room.

I would like to set up SUPERSONICB!+C# to be my download PC.

I have worked out that i want to pick up the following :-
* Thermaltake Volcano 11+ CPU FAN

* Thermaltake 410 Watt Silent Pure Power Supply. I would rather go for the Just Cooler SP-300 Power Supply , but considering that the case the PSU mounted sidewards, that is going to horizontal cooler fan inside the PSU.

Anyways, since I am going to be doing this over 2 purchases, I need your advise, what is going to decrease my noise problem more? (as it will be my first purchase.)

THE CPU FAN or THE PSU?

Please forgive the more than usual spelling mistakes. I have not slept well in the last 2 days.

The PSU is normally the loudest part of most PCÂ’s. I would go with something like this PSU and a Zalman passive CPU Heatsink with a Vantec Stealth fan. Otherwise, water cooling is the way to go. (urgh adding water to a PC intentionally).

I will check out if I can get the other PSU down here. I know I can get Zalman from one of my suppliers. As for Global Win, I would need to chase up some rather OLD CONTACTS from 2 jobs back. I hope they still work there.

If I want to go the distance of water cooling, I think I will go make a long 20 network cable at leave SUPERSONICB!+C# at the other end of the house while I go to sleep.

After all, it's a mobile PC. :p :D ;) :cool:
HANDle.jpg

Silesia did you not listen for where the excessive noises are coming from? there really is no point unless you know the source of your problem....just don't stick your ear too close to the CPU fan, hehe

Have not gotten around to doing that yet. All I know right now is that my couple'o'nights downloads are stopping me for anying a good night sleep.

Check that when I get home.

Been busy of lately too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom