Two problems. No signal detected + HDD issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man this is weird. It's acting like my dvd burner is a HDD and also not picking up one of the HDDS. Also i still can't get past that detecting array. Man :/

what exactly do you mean by that please be as specific as you can i mean regarding "It's acting like my dvd burner is a HDD" , as for the second problem is it an ide hd? if so its likely a jumper issue if its an sata maybe you didnt plug the power cable to it? , as for the array well i alredy said all i can say about that in my previous reply

Don't know how much more specific i can get. In the CMOS options in the bios, under IDE main slave my dvd burner is there. my dvd rom isn't, but that's cuz it's broken don't worry about that. Also only one HDD is there in like the third IDE master slot. Which is weird because it's SATA I dunno if it should be there or not. And I'm about to rewire it all. Hope that was specific enough.

Edit: Okay so Jayce's optical drives show up in CMOS too so that's normaly but his HD isn't in the third slot :/

if the hd is ide and connected with another device on same cable then its probably a jumper issue also you might have connected the ide cable wrong way , anyway i suggest youll try your luck in the msi offical forum

right forgot about that , i know you got history of skiping things so ima ask a real stupid question. did you connect the power cable to the hd?

edit: just rememberd i alredy asked that,but then again i didnt got an answer

Haha yeah i did that, lol. We fixed some things now the only thing wrong is it's not detecting the HDs any ideas on that one? Yes i double checked the cables. Jayce and I think it's something in teh bios. Sata is enabled...

edit: one hd is good enough for now. Windows is installing.

well it might be indid a bios settings , but theres also the possibility that you got a DOA hd you might wanna try it on a friends pc , if you cant test it on friends pc cuz none of your friends have sata in their mobo then ask in the offical msi forums and then youll know for sure

Yeah one HDD works I think you're right on the DOA. None of my friends have good computers lol. It's all good for now 250 gigs is enough to last me for a while lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom