Athlon X2 4800 vs. Dual Intel Xeon 3.0Ghz

Will you participate in a monthly calendar contest?

• Yes, I will participate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I will not participate

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
P.P. Mguire said:
Im willing to bet Dual 3.0ghz Xenons would tear that single 4800+ up in a server.

If that was sarcasm, it was REALLY hard to spot. The X2 4800+ would ream the Xeons, server or not. Even a X2 3800+ would be better.

Hahah youve got to have sarcasm in that somewhere. Xenons are MADE to be servers, X2s are not. More along the lines of multimedia processors being as which they are dual core. Severs LOVE dual CPUs, and one dual core well. hahaha no chance.

Yea, a Dual-CPU would be better over a Dual-Core, but the X2 4800+ is just too far ahead of the Xeon. Its like a Dual Core 4.0GHz Xeons. So even though its Dual Core, it would still beat the 2 x 3.0GHz Xeons.

Im not talking about everyday things here. Im talking about specific server applications set aside w/ what.......16gig of ram 8 per chip all that shiz? In that kind of environment the single X2 no matter what it is dosent stand a chance. Dont get me wrong i voted the X2 because 1 im an AMD fanboy and 2 the Xenons wouldnt stand a chance in anythng else. I work w/ these particular Xenons at my work and they are really spiffy for servers.

When I say servers though, I mean a dedicated server for games like Halo PC and Halo 2 PC, not for other computers. I'll probably play more games though than actual hosting. Can anyone say Oblivion? :D

If your gonna play games then i suggest getting an Opteron165 and OCing it instead. Would be alot cheaper and since its an Opteron would perform better as a dedicated server.

Cerulean said:
Which do you rate to be the best? I plan on using my machine for games like Halo 2 PC, Starship Troopers, Earth 2160, etc. and also to run a high speed server. Which do you think is better?

You don't need a dual core cpu for any of those. An Opteron 150 would be more then enough for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom