yet another VIA AGP problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingWizard

Solid State Member
Hey guys,

It has been quiet a few weeks Ive been trying to troubleshoot my PC problem on my own but I finally decided to take it to this forum hoping to get a solution.

I am having a kind of a weird problem. Whenever i plug my AGP card into the PC, i experience crashes/reboots/BSODs of all kinds and sorts, and when i work on the onboard VGA the system is stable and working.

My PC specs are:
intel p4 3.0ghz cpu
mercury P4VM800M via chipset board
120gb ibm sata hard disk
2x512mb pc-3200 ddr400 corsair
built in sound card + built in lan card

and my AGP card is Nvidia GeForce FX5500 256mb 8x AGP 3.5

I tried to plug it into my friend's PC and it works perfectly... I even got myself a new fx5200 and tested it on my pc and the same problem occured: crashes/reboots etc etc.
I am getting weird error from games (whenever it happens it just crashes) related to could not write memory and memory allocation failed.. access violation...

I put 2 new corsair ram and the problems still happen.

I have formatted my PC the last couple of weeks more than i have ever formatted it in my life and i am installing winXP SP2.
I tried installling the latest foreware drivers, and kept removing and installing older and older drivers but the problems never seemed to go away.

I can confirm that they only happen whenever an AGP card is plugged !

My bios settings are all good to my knowledge... all bios cachings disabled, unit display first : VGA - fastwrite disabled, vga shared memory disabled.. aparture size 256mb i even tried it with 8x and 4x agp (i cant set it for 2x for a reason) but the thing was always there.

Can anyone shed a light on this matter ?

Any help/idea is very much appreciated,
Thanks

Hmmm,

Something telling me it is not the AGP slot dead because sometimes WoW would run for 3-4 hours before it crashes and sometimes the pc reboots on the login screen.

I forgot to mention that some of the BSODs also show IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL .. to mention there is no IRQs conflicts in device menager..

:( thanks for replying

check your motherboard for bad capacitors see these examples
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=195
http://home.earthlink.net/~doniteli/index27.htm

also download sandra http://www.download.com/3000-2086-10018691.html get into "mainboard information" scroll down til youll see "voltage sensors" type em down or take a screenshot and ill tell you if their good or not , or alternativly check voltages in bios in pc health/hardwar monitoring (and naturally check the voltages while the graphic card is in and not while its disconnected and your using the onboard graphics)

ok there ya go:

Edit: btw, no bad capacitators on the mainboard and the following screenshot is taken with the vga plugged in

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 46
that cant be true sandra must be wrong reading the sensor on your mobo , check voltages in the bios and report back

Ok, the BIOS reads the following:

CPU Vcore 1,18V
VCC_DIMM 2.67V
VDD 2.64V
VCC5 5.16V
Current CPU Temp 39*C
Current System Temp 32*C
CPU Fan Speed 2721RPM

NOpe i didnt forget it, this is all i could make BIOS show..

for some reason i hate the via board for their sucky BIOS options.

Ive been trying with nvidia 66.93 drivers for the last couple of hours and everything is smooth....

if i get more crashes ill download that speed fan and try it.

ill keep you updated,

thanks for now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom