2005fpw to 50hz

Status
Not open for further replies.

TicTac2

Baseband Member
I have a Dell 2005fpw and a Geforce 6200 128mb Turbocache.

There is this online game (iSnooker www.thesnookerclub.com if anyones interested) that runs juttery at 32 bit on my screen (but fine at 16 bit.)

I have been told this is beacuse the game works best in 50hz while the screen can only support 59hz and 60hz. (is there ay real diffrence between these two anyway.)

Is there anyway I could get 50hz on my screen and would it be safe?

Thanks

Right click on your desktop and go to properties. When there, click on the settings tab and then advanced. in the monitor tab, just maually change your refesh rate.

ok thanks.

Is it totally safe to do that, and Im guessing it will void my warranty?

If your not sure there is a check box that says "Hide modes that monitor cannot display", check this and then change your settings. That way the drop down menu will only have modes that are OK with your monitor.

I know my monitor will not support 50hz as there is no 50hz in the drop down menu whether the box is checked or not.

However I can change that in the 'Advanced timing' toolbar but I dont know if thats a change the 60 to a 50 whether anything needs ot be done and wheteer it is safe.

Personally I wouldn't change my monitor to a setting that it did not support. But I bet someone on this forum could point you in the right direction and what to do if you really want to do this. I'm not sure about the warranty, if you have an instruction manual for the monitor check to see if it says anything about what it can support and what it can't. It might well be different to what Windows is saying. If the instructions say the monitor can handle 50mhz than I reckon you'll be fine but if it doesn't then I reckon you could be voiding your warranty. If you haven't got an instruction book then I would guess that if you pick something that the monitor can't support and it breaks then I reckon you could have problems in replacing it as you caused it to malfunction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom