Just downloaded Rivertuna any tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow then i got some pretty decent temperatures im at 43C idle and i have yet to get a really graphic intensive game yet to test the load temperature or can i do that with 3d mark? if so how because every time i minimize it 3dmark stops testing

you use rivatuner and open the hardware monitor.

Your GPU cools down instantly, so it's not like you'd be able to minimize the thing and check your temperature.

Rivatuner shows an EKG looking graph and what your temperatures are and what they were so you can tell what they looked like for the past couple of minutes.

ok i just tried it out and my max temperature seems to be around 64C but my core speed also went up when i opened up the game?? is this supposed to happen because i thought the core speed is one of the things you OC

ok i just OCed 10 mhz of core speed should i test it every time with 3d mark or is there a faster program and i have another question every time i try to open rivatuner i have to click on the guru3d folder extract it and it reinstalls it every time is there an easier way to do this

You should only need to install it ounce and its fine. Where as the uped clock speed is concerned Nvidia has a Performance3d and 3d setting unter the display tab. It clocks your GPU up for games and whatnot.

Is there a faster way to test artifacting than 3dmark ok never mind i fixed the install thingie but how is the easiest way to test artifacting and just out of curiosity whats a artifact look like (thats what im supposed to be looking for to find out its unstable right)?

someiraniankid, thats a good question, id like to know the same thing. I mean im sur eit just makes sure that its not letting you way OC the vid card.

But those temps seem high, i mean 6800 hitting 80 under load is good?

my 7800GT thats OC'ed w/ stock cooling never goes above mid 70s.

and yes the artifactrs let you know that it is unstable, ive personally never pushed a card to the point of artifacting.

Artifacts are noticeable things that you KNOW wouldnt be in a game like texture glitching and snow and stuff. Also, play games, its easier then 3dmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom