New Comp; USB Controller Doesn't Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shandrakor

Baseband Member
Just build a new system and my USB controller decided to stop workingl. It was fine last night (played a game) and now -- nothing. Refuses to work.

I've tried enabling and disabling the device in Device Manager to no avail; I've tried uninstalling it but Windows cannot find a driver for it when I try to reinstall. I have SP 1.

Help?

theres no usb driver for xp just the microsoft builtin one , however you need to install the motherboard chipset driver in order for it to work.. , whats your motherboard? ill get you a link

I've got an Asus A8N5X. There's an option to install drivers on the disc it came with but whenever I try to use it it says (I'm paraphrasing here) 'You're running XP you idiot. You don't need to install drivers'.

These are the USB ports on the top of the case (Centurion 532) if it matters.

Thanks for your quick help jeremy.

you welcome :) , i deleted my previous reply cuz the link wasnt working i guess they dont allow hotlinking click here click "drivers" and download "nVidia Chipset(CK804) driver version V6.65 for Windows XP(WHQL)."

You're my hero...I think. The USA dl will take about 2 hours (!?!?) but the global one will be done in about thirty minutes. Thanks again for your help; I'll let you know how it goes once the drivers are installed.

It's working great, and I've saved the files to my backup HDD to avoid future issues. Thanks again Jeremy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom