In the Market for a new Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgolminas

Beta member
Hi...I am in the market for a computer. What recomendations would you all make? Here is what I will be doing mostly with it...
Mostly Capturing, editing and burning DVDs with Pinnacle Studio 9 version.
What are some things I want to look for in terms of Type of chip (i.e. Centrino vs. Turion), Bit Rate, Megahertz, video cards, sound cards, and all of the other things I don't know what I'm talking about :)

I know I want 80-100 gig hard drive, but that's about it...I also know I want it to be wireless, but I think that's pretty standard.

Here's another thing.....I have a lot of credit at Best Buy, so preferably something that is sold there. I'm looking for something right off the shelf without a lot of upgrades and modifications I would need to do(although if there's a hands down better Dell, I'd entertain it).
Lastly, I want to stay around $1,000.
THANKS!

I am guessing you want a laptop since you mentioned Centrino/Turino?

Anyways, if that's the case, I would try to get the Intel Core Duo and a gig of RAM. Other than that it is just the difference in disk drives/hard drives etc. But that CPU/RAM combo would make it a very powerful laptop.

yes a lap top....I am a novice...is the Intel Core Duo a new chip? If so, what brand computer would you recomend?

Don't get me started on Best Buy. Many online vendors offer credit plans as well. My neice has a Toshiba Notebook that , so far, has been great. And IIRC doesn't the Core Duo suck the battery dry at about 80% faster when the USB is in use? Perhaps they have resolved this issue or it was a problem exclusive to the new Macs with Intel processors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom