Just downloaded Rivertuna any tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was correct for the 6800ultra. Its a great strategy for beginers anyhow so go ahead and try that. Raise it till you get artifacts then drop it down a tad. Then proceed w/ the memory speeds.

Well......you really need to 'worry' per se, as I'd just suggest getting after market cooling. Even without heavy overclocking I'd suggest it just to preserve the life of the card.

80C+ is normal for a card during full load, but if you're hitting that, just think how it might be on a hot summer day muchless with overclocking.

Normal idle temps can easily be 65C or higher for some people, depending on areas and things like that. Some peoples cards idle at around 55C or maybe even lower.

my 6800GT AGP would idle at 65-70C and hit 85C during heavy gameplay....I knew a guy on here who's 6600GT was hitting 100C lol.

so 80-85C is fairly normal, but personally I'd want to get better cooling

Yea, my old 6600GT hit 85°C overclocked. This X1900XT stays at 70°C Load, but I have a Zalman blowing on it so a cooler might not be a bad idea at all.

yeah the zalmans are putting out some nice products. I haven't done enough research on the latest and greatest GPU coolers so I always say "NVsilencer or whatever zalman is out there" lol.

These newer cards actually seem to be running cooler than the previous generation ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom