Conroe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how AMD can't have something amazing. You would think that if they put some Opteron profits into Athlon R&D they could come out with something great.

The Opterons are getting old it's Intel's time to shine Brent unless AMD actually makes an imporvment to their Am2 that is noteworthy when compaired to the current selection.

Ouch... I hate to see that happen. Imagine when Intel finally bucks up and begins using on die memory controllers.

Ryan

It's only one set of benchies ... but with Intel having an average of 30-40% performance jumps over the OC'd FX-60 ... that's not good for AMD.

I can't believe Intel may actually be a worthy competitor this time around.

I know the FX-60 goes for ~$1000, how much will the 2.66ghz Conroe go for? Also, that Conroe isn't even the EE, imagine how badly wooped the FX will get when compared to the EE.

I'm glad I waited on building ... looks like I may go Intel.

Brtnboarder495 said:
It's only one set of benchies ... but with Intel having an average of 30-40% performance jumps over the OC'd FX-60 ... that's not good for AMD.

I know the FX-60 goes for ~$1000, how much will the 2.66ghz Conroe go for? Also, that Conroe isn't even the EE, imagine how badly wooped the FX will get when compared to the EE.

I'm curious as how much it will cost also. I might buy one over the summer, if they are out by then, and if I have sufficant funds. This chip looks like a good one!

Brtnboarder495 said:

Estimated prices are ~$500-ish for the 2.66GHz Dual Core version, and exactly $315 for the 2.4GHz Dual Core version. Thats almost the cheapest Dual Core avaliable today, and its also something that beats the FX-60.

I smell Intel as becoming the best cpu maker for years to come. They finally used all of there money and super computer geniuses to make a cpu that truly owns AMD. I don't know how AMD will bounce back from this one. It looks like Intel really wants to dominate. Now Intel will control the gaming industry and the average user industry. **** they're probaly gonna control Macs also.

Look for Intel's profits to skyrocket and AMD's to crash down. The main thing AMD had was all the gamers now they won't have that. Whos goingto buy there CPU's now? Just some hardcore AMD lovers.

This chip did not even come out yet and AMDs chips are in the preliminary stages. Who is to judge what happens? Wait 6 months when Intel releases conroe and AMD releases AM2 then lets discuss this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom