Laptop Touchpad

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrjohnson

Baseband Member
I have a Hitachi Visionbook Pro 7775 notebook, and it came without an OS. The native OS is win95/98, but when I boot those up on the notebook the pointer runs really choppy. Even with Windows 2000 the pointer still doesn't run right. I tried booting Windows XP Pro SP2 on the notebook, and Wha La! The pointer now runs perfectly when I operate the touchpad. Now I would normally just keep this like it is, but since I don't have enough resources to run XP. I think it has something to do with the drivers, but I tried putting in updated ones and even using Windows Update. It just comes up as a standard Microsoft PS/2 mouse in each operating system I've installed it on.

By the time you receive this post the link might be dead, but Hitachi offers a touch pad driver for widows 95. Even if you are not using 95 it may still work for other operating systems. Another recommendation is that if you have not already done so to down load all the windows updates they are all offered at the windows update website, they some times contain drivers.

http://www.hitachipc.com/ftproot/vbpro/drivers/pointer/touchpad/touchpad.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom