New (First) Build, Please Comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggie578 said:
What would u change to make it a 10/10? :) thanks to everyone above me

oh, and whats the diff between X2 and FX/////// Athlon and Opteron

Well, I mean it is a perfect rig already for all the new games but I mean if you wanted a 10/10 you could get a 7800gt, a raptor hard drive, and a DFI lanparty board, but it wouldn't be necessary. I say stick with the way it si now. It is perfect. The extra money wouldn't be worth ti for the performance. Most of the stuff you chose gave you more bang for the buck and that is a plus.;)

As for your second question................... X2 is a dual core processor. The X2 3800 is just like having 2xathlon 64 3200's. So those are awesome for multi tasking. One cpu will be handling a game while an other cpu could be downloading music and burning a dvd and you still wouldn't see much of a performance drop as compared to a single core cpu. The Fx seris is just a high end athlon 64 cpu. It is set at high clock speeds and they are really good overclockers. they aren't worth ti though too overpriced. The Opteron was originalyl a server chip but they now make it for socket 939. It has an extra 512kb L2 cache than a regular athlon 64 and they are extremely good at o/cing. They are good performers when you o/c them. You could get an opteron 146 to o/c too 2.6 and it ill be just like having an athlon 64 fx-55, but wiht out ythe $600 more. And Athlon 64's are the basic cpu's by AMD. They are like the p4's of intel. They are good performers. So by performance i'd rate the cpu's like this. FX>X2>Opteron>Athlon 64, but by overall value i'd rate it like this. Opteron>X2>Athlon 64> FX.
-Aaron;)

talldude123 said:
i recommend 2 GB of RAM, since RAM is so cheap, and it is a great boost in speed.

if you want a quiet computer...you're gonna have to buy a dell :(

totally not true... ever heard of water cooling? completely quiet (depending if you have 100CMF fans cooling the radiator :p)...

talldude123 said:

if you want a quiet computer...you're gonna have to buy a dell :(

lol funny you say that. My parents have a dimesnon 4600. that thing is so loud man. Everytime they boot it o you can hear a annoying soudn that sounds like pop corn is popping. It sounds like the hard drive, but I'm not sure. It just goes all weird i cant explain the noise. think of someone trying to say "ay" but they studder. It's like "aaaa.........aaaaaaaa....aaaaaaa..........aaaaaaa.........yyyyyyy.

does anybody else get that too?

Biggie578 said:
I was looking at these 2

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103588

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103553

how they compare to my current one?

I might splurge and get a 7800 if i make decent money

first off that second cpu is for socket 940. Socket 940 is a server motherboard. don't buy that cpu. As for the Opteron 165 it is a better cpu then the AMD X2 3800+. This oen has two cpu's wiht 1mb L2 cache and you can o/c them to an easy 2.4ghz and it'd be liek having two fx-53's. Amazing huh? I say don't buy the 7800gt and stick wiht the 6800gs , but get this Opteron 165.

According to the "reviews" the opteron only has 64kb L1 cache. Is the 2x1mb cache correct then? Would the small L1 cache make much of a differnce?

do u know what L2 cache it has? newegg may be incorrect about the
L2 like it is about the L1.
out of the box, which is faster X2 3800+ or the operton

GuitarFreak1857 said:
totally not true... ever heard of water cooling? completely quiet (depending if you have 100CMF fans cooling the radiator :p)...
Oh yeah watercooling is a great idea for this guy. :rolleyes:

have you ever even owned a watercooled computer guitarfreak?

and you never answered my other question: Have you ever used an XFX video card or a Coolermaster PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom