new build help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdm44

Beta member
I just put together a new pc and the monitor will not display anything. All of the components are on and working including all the fans. everything is plugged into the right spots and the monitor works when i plug it into my notebook.

the only thing i can think of which i highly doubt is that the dvi-d connection which came with my videocard is slightly different than the one that came with my monitor. the monitor cable fits into both dvi-d slots but the one that came with the video card does not fit into the monitor. Their pins are almost exactly the same.

heres my components if that will help
dfi ultra d mobo
amd 4400+ cpu
7800gt video card
74gig raptor hd
sony black dvd/cd
antec 550w psu
coolermaster centurion case
dell 20.1 lcd monitor

Do you get any bios audio code? Does it make any noise at all like hard drive activity? Did you test the Video card any ware else?

You are kidding right?
If not...
It is in relatively the same on every computer except laptops, usually to the left of the CPU (big heat sink thing) the ram goes in to slots that are about 5 1\4 inches long I measured SDR stick the length might very a little depending on the type, DDR, SDR, DIMM, extra. Most pcÂ’s nowadays use DDR.

Its really easy to spot!

your 7800gt have a 6pin pci-e power connector , i have a feeling theres no cable connected to it

You are kidding right?
If not...
It is in relatively the same on every computer except laptops, usually to the left of the CPU (big heat sink thing) the ram goes in to slots that are about 5 1\4 inches long I measured SDR stick the length might very a little depending on the type, DDR, SDR, DIMM, extra. Most pcÂ’s nowadays use DDR.

Its really easy to spot!

Uh, I was talking about jdm44's list, he did not state what ram or even if he had any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom