Audio Cable quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

persianxballer

In Runtime
I just made a computer for a friend and he wants to hook up his computer to his two receivers. I know he needs an RCA to 3.5mm audio cable, but do they make these cables that branch off into two so that he can hook up his PC to both receivers?

He could always get a sound card with RCA or optical outputs since 3.5mm to RCA usually degrades sound quality and causes backgroudn noise.

As for the 2 recievers thing...why would you need two recievers?

If you really are going to hook up two recievers just get a Y spliter that splits each channel (red and white) into two channeles and plug your RCA's coming from the recievers into those.

Thanks for the great response BillGates. That's exactly what I wanted to know.

So to make sure, can I plug two rca to 3.5mm cables into this Y splitter and it will work for both receivers? Will there be any loss of sound quality cause I am using a Xi-Fi XtremeMusic sound card?

He is using two receivers because one is for his family room and the other is for the whole house (weird).

Also, is a 3.5mm mini to rca audio cable the same as 3.5mm to rca cable? Does the "mini" part matter? Which do I need for hooking up a sound card to a receiver?

Here I'll show you what to get with pictures.:p

One of these to go from the computer to the splitters.

BKF8V3013EF1_5M_260_260.jpg

The splitter that attach to the cable above. (2 of these, 1 for each channel)

RCAAH25.jpg

Then you will of coarse need RCA's to run from teh splitters to the actual recievers.

SmallHRCACables2to2.jpg

Let me show you what a salesperson told me:
Get two of these wires

and connect them to this

and then connect each 3.5mm to the receivers.

Is this correct?

persianxballer said:
Let me show you what a salesperson told me:
Get two of these wires

and connect them to this

and then connect each 3.5mm to the receivers.

Is this correct?

Yep either way will work.

His way just splits the signal then converts to RCA and my way splits it after its converted to RCA. Doesn't really matter which way you do it.

just see which totals up to be cheaper.

if the price is the same, get the second method since i presume the signal loss from the rca to y-cable, then y-cable to the rca cable is greater than with that other method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom