Vista Sidebar Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dexta182

In Runtime
Im trying to add a gadget into the windows vista sidebar and im having no luck. I have choosen the gadget from(http://microsoftgadgets.com) and it still doesnt appear in the gadget list when adding the gadget. Not sure if this is a bug or im just not doing somthing right.

Well unfortunately those gadgets are for live.com not the Vista Sidebar. There are only a few gadgets that have been made for the Vista sidebar.

http://www.longhornblogs.com/default.aspx
This site has some news about the Sidebar gadgets that you might find useful.

Oh ok, I thought you could add them gadgets into the sidebar. When I open the gadgets to choose from it takes me to that link. I hope they add heaps more.

Thanks for that buddy

Well i am with you on that. I hope they do add more gadgets for the Sidebar soon. I have the Vista Sidebar from build 5219 running with my XP right now and i only have 4 gadgets. I would like some more. I will have to wait and see if the build 5308 Sidebar gets ported to XP. ;)

you woudnt know how to turn off the security warning when trying to access things that require admin rights.

Are you talking about the UAP protection. I belive that i can find that info for you.

To Disable UAC

UAC can either be disabled permanently, or temporarily for software installation purposes.

To disable UAC:

Run > secpol.msc

> Local Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options

scroll to

User Account Control: Run all users, including administrator, as standard users

select Disabled, close

Reboot

UAC can be restored by following the same procedure, and selecting Enabled.

Note: Technically, this tweak actually leaves UAC enabled, but sets it so that it no longer prevents the administrator user account
having full control of the system. However, there is a related security risk with this tweak, and those wishing extra security without the pop-up hassles may wish to just change elevation prompt behaviour as described hereafter, and manually select specific programs to run with Administrator privileges.

Info provided by JabbaPappa at ProNetwork

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom