Problem: The disk in drive G is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
faulty? i have had it for 8 months or so like i said before woht no trouble at all...its wierd that all of a sudden its faulty...im tryinh to make a back up of it now as i type onto a drive on another computer then i will try to format and see how it is...

nitestick i tried using symantec ghost and when i tried to backup the drive it stoped after a few minutes and said something like error reading from sector #### and some other stuff i cant remember and when i tried to copy the drive then i got this error:

ghost10gp.jpg

yeah your drive is dead and or dying, you can contact seagate and they will replace it, as for recovering the data there are some companies that deal in data recovery and can almost always get it, i would only suggest this if you REALLY need that data because it will cost alot to have it done, but if ghost cant do it then thats about your oly shot.

ill see what i can do about the data...im just wondering if the drive is realy damaged or its just something temporary and if i format it will work again because as i said before its only about a year or less old and has worked perfect with no problems what so ever and just turned faulty over night.

i got Partition table doctor 3 and noticed that it sais the faulty drive is fat32 when its supposed to be ntfs so i changed it to ntfs but didnt help tried fix boot didnt work. that was before i tried GHOST and now i started PTB3 up again and got this

ptb2hb.jpg

and now its rebuilding partition on hard disk 2 and is searching for it...i hope this works and that the hdd isnt ruined because as i said its a new hdd.
ill let you know what happens.

thanks for the help so far

well nothing worked the only thing i managed to do is to salvage most of my files with File Scavenger 3.0 but not all file were recovered...i would say about 80% so the drive is still screwed think ill format it now and see if it is damaged or just got messed up some how as in messed up MBR or Partition or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom