Pentium M 760 @ 2Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

septoid2

Daemon Poster
Is this a good processor? How does it compare to the Athlon 64 venice 3000+? Please AMD fanboys spare me your Turion propaganda.

Reason I ask is because I have the chance to trade my computer + 500 cash + a PSP for this sweet dell laptop with a Go 6800,1GB ram, and a Pentium M 760.

Also, anyone know of any canadian retailers which sell SATA 3.5" enclosures cheap?

If your talking about giving him the computer in your sig and the money and psp, i woulden't. I would offer less cash and/or take the psp out.

Its a faster than the AMD 3000+. AMD didn't spend much money in the mobile market. They used most of it in the server market.

Pentium M 2.0GHz ~ Athlon 64 2.3GHz. Your choice. A laptop gives you mobility, and it would be better than your current PC, but you've got to factor in battery life.

Otherwise, thats one of the better laptops I've seen. I'd estimate the worth of the laptop at around $1800-$2000. If your current PC cost you under $1400, then go for it.

Yeah I am, I'm hoping he goes OKAY :D

How come Pentium M's are so good? What kind of architecture are they sporting?

septoid2 said:
Yeah I am, I'm hoping he goes OKAY :D

How come Pentium M's are so good? What kind of architecture are they sporting?

Banias architecture. Its better per-clock than AMD's K8.

Conroe is even better than the P-Ms :)

Whats so special about it? Did they copy AMD's K8 and put the mem controller on the chip?

I'd go Intel all the way when it comes to mobile, AMD's CPUs rarely outperform Intel's on the mobile front, and when they do they use a lot more power.

Look out for Core Duo if you can though, or even Core Solo, they use faster FSB's and doubled caches.

No no, gotta give Intel more credit than that. Its their own original arhitecture, 11 stages, I think. I'm not clear on all the technicalities, but it still manages to ourperform AMD by a lot. And no, they didn't put the Memory controller on-die, its still the Northbridge. Ofcourse people would have preferred to have the mem controller on-die, but the performance more than makes up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom