Win 2000 Pro or Xp Sp2 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that XP would be better. XP is far more widely used. Easier to trouble shoot incase anything goes wrong. Has more applications available for it. Just overall more support out there for XP than 2000.

The benefits are all just personal. As a stand alone each OS has the benefits and downfalls. Personally i ran 2000 for 2 years. Was great but i have been on XP now for 2 years and i have enjoyed it much more. I have been able to tweak and customize it to my liking and it runs great under every circumstance i have thrown at it.

i suggest youll install both have it multiboot , or one week this and next week that , then youll be able to decide what you like best , personally i play alot of music and i simply cant stand the direct sound quality of 2k, the direct sound quality of xp is way better

If you know what to shut off, you can run XP fine on machines even slower than yours. Look up on the services that come default with XP installs, shut them off, and just enjoy. There really isn't anything to worry about. My secondary computer is a Duron 1.8, and it runs XP sp2 fine, with just a handful of bogus services shut off. Services that are useless regardless of your machine's power.

2000 has one weakness. 16bit

there a third party version of windowx xp, that is more stable and faster than any version of xp that ms has put out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom