Be wary of the 7800GT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
I believe you need to look for an update for that particular card. I heard the first few batches of evga came out with a problem of them not wanting to run at 470 but a BIOS update fixed it
I think I remember hearing that as well.

yeah gonna RMA it, got it all packed up ready to be sent today. a friend is letting me use his 1900xtx till i get my replacement back :) he's building his own computer, but hasnt got all the parts yet.

edit: all bios and drivers are updated on my machine.

edit: all bios and drivers are updated on my machine
so you made sure to actually go to EVGA's website and download the latest vid card BIOS? There is a BIOS for your motherboard and a seperate one for your vid card ya know.

If you get a card back and it does the same thing, then you need to do what I suggested.

yes i know, the funny thing is, that the cd they sent with the video card had the same version of the bios, but a more up-to-date version of the drivers....in fact, more up-to-date than any drivers i've found on nvidia or evga. tried both the cd and the ones on the site...

anyone know how long it takes for the RMA? tracking from usps says it was delivered yesterday at 9am....assuming i go by what newegg says on their site...i should expect it tuesday at the latest?

woo! newegg is fast, just checked tracking # and my video card is on vehicle for delivery!

now...do i use the card or upgrade through evga? :D

Nubius said:
I believe you need to look for an update for that particular card. I heard the first few batches of evga came out with a problem of them not wanting to run at 470 but a BIOS update fixed it

where can I get a video card bios?

specifically an evga 6600gt 128MB (agp)

I looked on the evga site and couldn't find anything...

gonna need more information than that...but this will get you close:

http://www.evga.com/Support/Drivers/Default.asp

instead of clicking GeForce under the sub-category, goto Bios, from there, you will need to know the Part Number in order to get the right Bios for it.

edit: oops, sorry, seems there are only bios updates for the newer cards =\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom