two in one SLI video cards have u seen them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzjess

In Runtime
have u seen those new video cards that are two of them built together to plug into a single pci e. slot? If so do u know if u need a SLI mother board to run it or will it run i a single slot board and what are the pros and cons of that kinda video card. lets see if anyone knows that one.

no for the one with the dual 7800gt card, you only need one pci-e slot, butt theres another power connector that you have to connect to it outside the card, for it to power both the cores. ig uess thats the drawback of it. i remember tomshardware had a review of it. and it took up alot of energy

Hmm, not so sure about that. Yea, you only need to use one PCI-E slot, but what about the chipset, thats what he's asking.

I think he might be talking about the cards that they used for the quad card setup on the Dell Renegade. 2 cards per PCI-E slot.

He means the Dual Core 7900GTX. It's actually going to be "released" by Nvidia and not a third party designer like in that dual core 7800GT.

Dell's Renegade will most likely sport Two Dual 7900GTX's in SLI instead of Four 7800GTX 512's in SLIx2. It's more cost effective for everyone, the 7900GTX's are faster, and run cooler and can be OC'd more.

It's a win-win situation, but we'll see what they do. Maybe it's Nvidia's way of ridding of extra 7800GTX 512 ... if there are any :p.

thanks guys but what i wanted to know is if this is a way to get sli speed without a sli board and without taking up as much room as a regular sli set up if so that might be the way to go if u planning on going sli sweeeeeeeeeet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom