Battle of the Builders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacey9

Baseband Member
Hi all I am from the UK and pretty new to the forum.
I am going to be building a new pc soon, which I will be using mainly for gaming. I have about £1500 ish to spend, which is about $2600

I will probably be using sites like
www.overclockers.co.uk
www.ebuyer.com
to order my parts unless someone comes up with a better suggestion.

The game i play the most is counter strike source

Before coming on here I was thinking about going sown the dual core route.
I will be needing everything except OS, dvd drive, floppy, these i will be taking out of my old machine

So if you were me what would you spend that money on

:confused:

do you think its worth going to 4800 on the cpu.

i presume the mobo will take the nvidia 7800 series will it take the 7900 when it arrives.

On the cooling side of things which i know little about do u have to buy something seperate or is it all built in with the components above.

When looking for cases does it matter which one you get or is there certain specifics you have to look out for

They come with minimal cooling. Cooling shouldn't be too much of an issue unless you will be overclocking. Then I would make sure you have enough fans/heatsinks.

In a case, I usually look for the best airflow possibilities. Figure out how and where you can put fans in them and then buy the one that you think will have the best airflow for your system. You can always buy more fans, so don't worry if the case comes with crappy ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom