Which water cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan64

In Runtime
Should I buy a water cooling system or buy the best parts from various manufactuerers? All suggestions welcome. Case will be the Thermaltake Armor.

Also if you had the pump to support it, would there be any benefit in having two radiators? 1 after the waterblock and one right before it? Just a thought. I will not be cooling the GPU or the chipset.

Will spend about 150-200 for a setup. And yes it is for the FX-60. I may do some mild overclocking. The biggest problem I am having is finding aircooling that will clear the memory I am installing. The TWINX20483500LLPRO from Corsair. It is much taller than most and all of the HFS's I look at have too much overhang to clear the RAM.

So it's not really a matter of wanting to watercool, it's more of a necessity.

Also the ambient temp in the room can be upwards of 75 F in the summer so I'm guessing passive cooling is out.

I was looking at the Corsair Cool Water as it seemed to have the best performance in the reviews I read, but I don't like the resivoir.

150-200 is not a lot of money for the decent water cooling kit.

Why are you going with an FX-60, and why are you going with water cooling if your only goign to be doing mild overclocking.

Why not go with an Opty and get some nice water cooling sense your saving lots of money and get a decent overclock out of it, or why dont you just stick with stock, and buy some different kind of ram/different heatsink :D

u could go with watercooling if you wanted a quiet pc, and fx cpu's run hot anyways, why not with water cooling. and he already hs the cpu no sense in telling him to get something else when he already has it

Sig says Upcoming which obviously means he will SOON get it, or it will already be under the side that says present.

Water cooling isnt quiet necessairly. I mean he wants two rads with a budget of 150-200 dollars. That aint going to be quiet i mean you can have up to as many 120mm fans blowing at full speed.

no need for 2 rads really, especially not for only a cpu in the loop. I am actually buying parts for watercooling too now, same case i just got, decided i wanted somethingbig for my water cooling so there arent any space issues. Im getting:
Swiftech storm rev 2
Swiftech mcp655 pump
Swiftech mcr220 rad(2x120mm)
Swiftech Micro res 525
tygon 1/2 id tubing

and ya if you can replqace the fx-60 or you simply dont have it yet, get rid of it. You dont seem liek you will be doing nearly enough overclocking to justify it. Just get an x2 4800 if ytou aren't going to overclock. I am watercooling so that i can get massive overclocks, i may add an opteron 165 to my collection to really OC after i buy my system and get mroe money from selling my laptop.

im going to agree with PZEROFGH on this one and say go for the opteron and up the budget for water cooling parts. check out what karpfish24 is doing, hes got a pretty nice setup goin, the only difference i would make would be not to go for the reservoir and go t-line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom