administartor disabled display & registry editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecctro

Solid State Member
This is the problem.
Every time I try to open up reg edit or use a reg file it says your administartor has disabled this , or something to the effect.

I also get the same message but it says dispay instead of reg edit when I click to change my display properties.

There's something I need to do that I need both of these things for so if anone can tell me how to change these settings I would be very greatful.
O and yes I'm the system administrator, and also I do know it has omething to do with services or something I just don't really mess with that stuff so don't know where to go or what to do to change them.

are you trying to hack into a school or government computer? or is this your own PC?

if it belongs to somebody else, dont try hacking or entering passwords.

It looks like Editing those settings has been disabled via a system policy.

if your getting that message on a stand alone workstation and you are in the same group as the administrator, I can't help you because the policy editor will probely be disabled.

If you are part of a Windows Domain and the policy is applied via the domain you need to edit the applicable policy in active directory

the policy editor (the gp stands for Group Policy) is "gpedit.msc" just type that in the run box

Attachments

• regenable.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 9
o k apparatly I also can't run vb scripts either, this is really wierd.

I already have it and no I don't have a trojan.

I've never seen something like this before, this just started day before yestarday... well I'm messed.

I need to no how to manually do it if at all possible, because everything that I do seems to be screwed up.

I really think it's a service thing.

try an alternative registry editor it just might work
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download2774.html
maybe you have some sort of user limiting software installed? but i guess thats not an option if your the only one that uses the pc , also try this restart and click f8 you know til the menu will show up and select "last known good configuration" , also think back and try to remember what you been doing before it started to happen then you might get to the troublemaker

well i got a .reg file how do you use that with the new regeditor or sumthin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom