It's that time again when i buy a part!

Status
Not open for further replies.
nitestick said:

Kazama. when using RAID 0 you basically have 2 hdd's that become linked together. if you are using SATA this puts them on seperate controllers on the motherboard. whenever the system writes to the "RAID array" it splits the data between the 2 hdd's giving it double the speed for reading and writing data. the only downside to RAID 0 is that if one drive fails you lose all the data from the RAID.

AHA!, now i see the meaning!, thanks mate ;)

get yourself a small locker where you can put money in. then put the money in it, with a note on top saying something like "you're not going to spend this money are you?"

apokalipse said:
get yourself a small locker where you can put money in. then put the money in it, with a note on top saying something like "you're not going to spend this money are you?"

lol, no offence but this is funny, you never help out people but you add funny comments, its good tho :p

everythings on atm.. which makes it harder... and i think i may just sit on the money, go back to my original idea, of another 6800 gs, or a 7800 gt, going sli later.. i need to do some more studying before i buy anything more... i'm so indecisive.. i definitely have the money to do any of the above i've stated.. its just, do i want to, we shall see friday

hrmm i did some more review.. and the 6800 series seems to get owned by the 7800 series at higher resolutions.. i want to play with 8x AA and 16xAF, so i think dual 6800's are out of the question... dual 7800 gt's and dual 7800gtx's are only about 100-200 points away from each other on 3d mark.. so definitely not going for dual 7800 gtx's... i think i shall buy the gt's.. those scored 10,981 on 3dmark05 (1024x768, no af or aa.. which is how everyone does it anyway). that review was right here http://techreport.com/reviews/2005q3/geforce-7800gt/index.x?pg=8

and i'm sure with high overclocking i can hit high 11,000's maybe even 12,000's.... i think i have found my winner.. i just ordered the hard drive today.. at 2:30 am with rush processing, so they should it here wednesday... they were out of the 36.7 gb raptors, so i'll have to do with a WD 250 gb 16mb cache for now.. which is why i brought up the topic of transfering windows... i'll want to put windows onto the raptor once i get it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom