AGP Aperture

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCoffee

Fully Optimized
Is there any way I can increase the size of my AGP aperture? its currently 56MB but I'd like to increase it to 128MB.

I've had a good look in my CMOS and there is'nt a setting, the BIOS is flashed up to date.

Running XP home SP2

AMD Athlon XP, 2100 MHz (10.5 x 200) 3000+

Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2 v2.0 (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 4 DDR DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)

1024 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)

BIOS Type Award Modular (12/23/04)

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 Ultra (128 MB)

The only thing i can think of is if its got onboard graphics aswell as your agp card, try and disable the onboard in the Bios.
You may want to have a butchers around for a hacked BIOS aswell.

Download your mobo manual and check through it to see exactly where the option is.

Got the manual in front of me, doesnt seem to be an option :( I guess the aperature size is something that needs to be set in BIOS? No way top do it from Windows?

It is in your BIOS. Probably under "Advanced" something or other.

Set the aperture to the same as the memory on your graphics card, and reduce the memory for your onboard to zero.

You might not have the option to change it. My last Motherboard (Gigabyte GA-K8NS) didn't have an option to change the aperture. It wasn't a very good motherboard. didn't give the user hardly any options at all, and it died on me 3 months after i bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom