ready to overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i managed to increase the fsb to 207, hehe.. this is at stock voltage, and increase the voltage to 1.545 wouldn't let me even get an extra megahert.. unless of course i'm not doing the voltage thing correctly.

there's also this one tab that says "dynamic overclocking" and its disabled. what does that do? you can change it to private, sergenat, captain, colonel, general, or commander. am i supposed to have that at any level?

but don't give the ram too much voltage give it absolute max 1.85V.

minimum voltage for my ram is like 2.5V and it goes up to 2.85

i didn't increase the ram voltage since my fsb barely went up anyways, and i don't need to.

i guess i'm done for now... until i get some help. should i try increase the voltage by 9.9%? if that is what i'm supposed to be doing.. i'll stop ocing for now, and hopefully somebody will get back to me

aliasaid said:
ok i managed to increase the fsb to 207, hehe.. this is at stock voltage, and increase the voltage to 1.545 wouldn't let me even get an extra megahert.. unless of course i'm not doing the voltage thing correctly.

there's also this one tab that says "dynamic overclocking" and its disabled. what does that do? you can change it to private, sergenat, captain, colonel, general, or commander. am i supposed to have that at any level?
I'm guessing "dynamic overclocking" is an automatic overclocking feature. So leave it alone, since you are superior to the automatic thing. ;)

Have you lowered your LDT to 4x or 3x? It starts at 5x, and you should lower it to 4x pretty much as soon as you start raising HTT. It hardly affects performance, so don't feel bad about lowering it. If you get above 225, change it to 3x. If you don't, stuff can get messed up. Just don't ask me what it does.

lol oh i see, no i did not.

i thought that i could leave it at 5 until the fsb got high enough where FSB X LDT = close to 1200... then i would make it lower. but i'll try that right now

I'm pretty sure that FSB x LDT x 2 must be less than or equal to 2000. Or FSB x LDT must be less than or equal to 1000.

well nothing happened. i changed the HT frequency (which i assume is the ldt...) to 4X and i couldn't even get the fsb up one megahert... but i didn't try 3... hehe... back to bios i go..

i think he meant 2.85v for the ram not 1.85v. 2.85v being the maximum standard voltage. i'm thinking your RAM is holding you back. ignore the bottlenecking conversation we had earlier and use a high memory divider like 1:2 and try overclocking again. if this solves your problem then your memory was probably your problem.

well i'm doing it seperately as that other guy said, i had my memory clocked at 100mhz when i was increasing the fsb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom