Quik Hdd Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkMaster66

In Runtime
Hey guys i want to get a WD Raptor 36.7GB for my games but im not sure if i have to have a special adapter or somthing that i have to hae in order to use it. So do i have to buy this adapter or i can plug it in like a regular HDD.

you must have just one thing in order to be able to use it which is sata (serial ata) if your motherboard dont have it then you can buy an sata pci card , anyway just for your information the 74gb raptor is alot faster ive heard its even faster then 2x 36gb in raid0

Seeing as you got your answer, I'll ask a question to save opening a new topic.

What's the benefit of having a Raptor drive instead of a normal 7,200rpm hdd?

well it is just faster for loading up stuff. Like windows and programs and movies and pictures. Also people use it for theit games. This way when you game needs to load up somehitng from the hard drive it loads it up faster giving you better frame rates. The main reason is games though. Personalyy i wouldn't get one now because they are way too expensive and aren't woth it. If the 75 GB har drive drop down to $100 then I'd buy it but $101 for a 36.7 GB hard drive just isnt worth it to me. Even though it has the extra rpm.

FunkMaster66 said:
well its a lot faster when your using prgrmas. load times are super faster.:D
not really super faster but over all faster. I means its only 2,800 rpm more. Right now it isn't worth it. If you want things to load up faster get more ram. for the amount of space they have its not too good of a deal.

the differemce between a raptor and a regular 7200rpm hdd isn't much bigger than the difference between a 5400 rpm hdd and a 7200rpm hdd. My old 5400rpm hdd wasnt as fast as my seagate 7200 now, but the difference isnt super noticable. I'm sure the raptor will be more of a bigger diference but not too much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom