power trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamL

Baseband Member
when i came home the other day i found that my computer wouldn't turn on. I unplugged a couple uneccesary accesories and then it turned on. Then when i was on the internet it froze. I've had my comp for 6 months and it's never froze. for the past three days it's been very uinreliable and it'll freeze at any point from bios loading to windows. I just want to know if you guys think it's the PS before i go out and blow $100 on another one.

get into the bios and goto pc health/hardware monitoring and report voltages then well see , but my guess is that the psu is the troublemaker , and if your gonna buy a new one better get an ocz powerstream/tagan their the best

edit: also dont buy a psu blindly , post your full system specs so ill be abel to tell how much watts your pc truly needs

I know how much my comp needs and i'd say about 270. What I dont know is if thats too much for a 300W PS. I spent a lot of time on Newegg and tigerdirect before buying my current one but i suppose I didn't get enough power

lets say like this , just like humans power supplys arent built the same and there is no universal amper settings for various watts if youll look at various psu specs at same wattage youll see a major diffrence , anyway instead of supposing have a look at the bios and then youll know for sure altough it could be indid the power supply there could be other reasons so check in bios and report back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom