Dx 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyRo

In Runtime
wen directx 10 comes out and games start using its features...will a 7800gt be able to handle a dx10 game???

if they come out with a new driver for direct x10 for 7800 gt's, then it could handle it on low medium res i think. im not sure tho

dual 7800gts should handle it better eh?... i mean these 7800 cards are pretty powerfull cards...i run fear on max everything...and get 40-70fps...thats decent i think...from FEAR being a GPU HOGGGG

as far as i know the directx support in graphic cards is hardware depended , directx10 games will likely work with directx9 cards but probably not lets say in "full-duplex mode" like it would with a dx10 card

basically if you have a dx9 card, you can play a dx10 game but it will be rendered in dx 9....dx 9 cards cannot all of the sudden become dx 10...

I think you need a dx10 card to play dx10 games but I'm not certain. Theres this whole big thiing about it not being backward compatible but they never clearly state what it means. But even if you can only play dx10 games with a dx10 card I think they will ship two versions of the game for a while.

NeedAcpu said:
I think you need a dx10 card to play dx10 games but I'm not certain. Theres this whole big thiing about it not being backward compatible but they never clearly state what it means. But even if you can only play dx10 games with a dx10 card I think they will ship two versions of the game for a while.
ditto

yea im sorta worried about that im thinkin about gettin a crappy card like a 9600 PRO.. LOL and wen DX10 comes out ill get a DX10 card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom