Be wary of the 7800GT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

snick

In Runtime
careful! i recently bought the best 7800GT i could find by eVGA...was clocked at 470 mhz... overheats and locks up at 57+ degrees. the heatsink seems to be working fine....my case has 3 120mm fans, card gets plenty of air....but i had to underclock it to 448 for it work properly and not give me any lock ups :mad:

Return it to the manufacturer. There is nothing wrong with the 7800gt core, its just you got a bad card.

running the same card i never get above 55c under load and absolutely no problems at all. definately rma it !!!

I have the same one as you, the 470MHz version, not had a single problem.

Mines is at 445, and i overclocked it to 510 and no problems, 57C full load, stock cooler.

Return it for a new one, seems like you got a bad one :confused:

This seems to be the problem for the XFX cards. They have a nice low price and its OC PASSED the 7800 GTX!, .... this probaly results to over heating. Never has one tho.

I believe you need to look for an update for that particular card. I heard the first few batches of evga came out with a problem of them not wanting to run at 470 but a BIOS update fixed it

Nubius said:
I believe you need to look for an update for that particular card. I heard the first few batches of evga came out with a problem of them not wanting to run at 470 but a BIOS update fixed it

Don't think so .. *Gasp*, This is nubius ..... *trembles*, .... help me... posting on the tech section *Nearly faints*, .... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom